Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations
This course will be run on Zoom for March 2021. All other courses run by The Grove are currently being delivered by online web conferencing via Zoom until further notice. This forms The Grove’s response to the current public health restrictions on travel and meeting in person.
How a consulting and goal-focused approach can enhance therapeutic practice in an organisational context
Part of the TGP At Work training requirement in order to work for our corporate scheme Onsite Coaching Accreditation
TGP At Work is the Organisational Practice of The Grove
The Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations is a dynamic new course designed for qualified counsellors, psychotherapists or psychologists who would like to be successful in approaching, consulting, contracting with and working in companies or organisations and/or develop specific consulting and coaching-based skills that support a fundamental therapeutic approach with employees and/or leaders of organisations. The course has been designed to meet a growing demand for mental health practitioners within Companies and Other Organisations and to enhance the skills of practitioners working with work-related issues.
The course is offered as a CPD programme (Continuous Professional Development). It is not a certified qualification as such; rather, it is designed as evidence of having taken additional specialised training in working and consulting in companies – to equip professionals with relevant knowledge and models which also support a culture of good mental health within an organisation. This course will take some of the best practice drawing from the fields of Psychotherapy, Positive Psychology, Coaching and NLP.
Please see the feedback from previous students on this course, in the testimonials at the bottom of this page.
- The starting point of the course requires that participants have competence in core therapeutic or coaching skills.
- All students must have qualified as a counsellor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, or coach, evidenced by a qualification certificate/diploma/degree and current membership of a professional body with a code of ethics, such as BACP, UKCP, ACUK or EMCC or ICF.
- The course assumes an understanding of the core principles of establishing safety, contracting and containment from the participant’s background in providing therapy or coaching.
- This course allows for the award of a Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations
- 12 hours of CPD (Continuous Professional Development).
- Eligible to join the TGP Onsite Coaching Team, subject to application criteria being met.
This course will give you:
- The skills and confidence to take a consultative approach with a company around a therapeutic engagement.
- The skills to identify goals for employees and leaders.
- Talk about the importance of good mental health in companies.
- Understanding models and approaches to leadership and management that encourage and support wellbeing in employees.
- Toolkit for troubleshooting common issues / problems at work (saying no, public speaking, management issues, resilience, feedback)
- An award that permits, subject to other criteria, application to the TGP Onsite Coaching Team and possible subsequent work as a TGP Coach with partner and client companies.
- Become part of a network of professionals with an interest in workplace mental health.
- Comprehensive handouts, worksheets to use in practice.
Apply online for this course
To apply online for this course, have your professional membership number(s) to hand, then click here to fill in the form:
Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations.
Core Tutor: Phil Hayes – Phil has over 30 years’ experience of working in the leadership development and executive coaching fields, he is a successful author, speaker and facilitator. He has worked with organisations as diverse as Dyson, The BBC, Nissan, Nutmeg, Southampton FC, Saracens Rugby, and the NHS and himself held several senior posts including the Head of Management training at the BBC. Phil is a qualified counsellor and social worker, holds an MA in Management Learning and is an NLP Master Practitioner. He is the founding Director and Chairman of Management Futures Consulting Limited.
Host and Tutor: Robert Rees – Robert is a UKCP-Accredited Psychotherapist, Qualified Executive Coach, Director of The Grove Practice and co-founder of TGPatwork, The Grove’s organisational practice. Robert has worked with a broad range of companies using therapeutic practice in industries such as consumer healthcare and beauty, technology, media and finance. He is an advocate for good mental health practices in the workplace. He is committed to helping companies improve their recognition and delivery of management and leadership practices that promote good mental health. He has led a team in a FTSE 100 company and worked for 20 years in the financial industry.
To register your interest or request an application form please email [email protected]
Dates for 2021 Spring intake: Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st March 2020.
Each intake provides a 2-day training of 12 certificated CPD hours.
Times: 9.45am – 5.15pm each day.
Fee for March 2021: £695 + VAT = £834 for the 2-day course. A deposit of £300 is payable when enrolling, to secure your place, with the remainder payable by 26th February 2021. After the deposit has been paid, the remaining amount £534 can be paid by instalments or in full, as long as the total is reached by 26th February 2021. The course fee includes all training materials and a CPD certificate.
Course materials and a reading list will be provided, as well as the certificate award showing 12 hours of CPD:
Certificate in Foundations of Working with Companies and Other Organisations.
The course has been designed to meet a growing demand for mental health practitioners within Companies and Other Organisations, equipping participants with enhanced skills to engage with work-related issues.
The Certificate in working with Companies and Other Organisations is a dynamic new course designed for qualified counsellors, psychotherapists or psychologists who would like to be able to successfully approach, consult, contract with and work in Companies or Organisations and/or develop specific consulting and Coaching based skills that support a fundamental therapeutic approach with employees and/or leaders.
✓ Theory ✓ Experiential components ✓ Skills Practice
This course is for you, if you would like:
- confidence to work in a company helping employees and leaders with their mental health.
- improved skills around engaging with work-place-related issues.
- understand organisational dynamics and how a consulting and coaching methodology can provide a valuable overlay to an existing therapeutic training.
- to be part of a movement that aims to bring best practice into the heart of a workplace helping build better working lives.
- The organisational context
- Gaining entry and consulting skills
- When and how to use a solution or coaching approach
- Skills practice
- Goal setting and challenge
- Management models and tools
- Planning your next steps
Learning is absorbed by attendance and participation on the course. There is no assessment other than attendance and participation. Although a reading list is provided, there is no formal requirement for further reading – although additional reading is recommended to enhance your professional development subsequent to the course. We also recommend that anyone undertaking work with Organisations has suitable Supervision arrangements in place.
Phil has over 30 years’ experience of working in the leadership development and executive coaching fields. He is motivated by getting to the heart of what it takes to enable individuals and teams to progress to their fullest potential and ambition. He has a firm belief in the resourcefulness of people and their ability to find their way forward. He is a pragmatist who aims to bring coaching and other management development techniques into the real world to meet real needs. He is particularly interested in assisting individuals and organisations to achieve high performance and in the creation of productive working environments.
Phil has been Operations Director at the Brathay Hall Trust and Head of Management Training for the BBC. As a founding director he is currently Chairman at Management Futures Consulting Ltd. Phil has experience of working as a trainer and coach abroad; he has a particular interest in cultural issues in the workplace.
Phil holds an MA in Management Learning and is an NLP Master Practitioner and qualified counsellor and social worker.
Phil has published two successful books: ‘NLP Coaching’, Open University Press 2006 and ‘Leading and Coaching Teams to Success’, Open University Press 2011. He is a regular conference speaker and has contributed to coaching and leadership discussions in the press and on radio.
He works at the most senior levels and his current client list is comprised of UK ambassadors, media heads, and leaders from organisations as diverse as Dyson, The BBC, Nissan, Nutmeg, Southampton FC, Saracens Rugby, and the NHS.
Robert is a UKCP-Accredited Psychotherapist, Qualified Executive Coach, Director of The Grove Practice and co-founder of TGPatwork, The Grove’s organisational practice. Robert has worked with a broad range of companies using therapeutic practice in industries such as consumer healthcare and beauty, technology, media and finance. He is an advocate for good mental health practices in the workplace. He is committed to helping companies improve their recognition and delivery of management practices that promote good mental health. He has led a team in a FTSE 100 company and worked for 20 years in the financial industry.
Applicants are expected to be qualified and experienced professionals in a helping profession, who are secure in their mode of practice. This will be covered in the application form. All applicants are expected to:
- be qualified and experienced in their field,
- be full members of their professional body (such as but not limited to BACP, UKCP, BPS, AHPP, NCP, NCS, ACC )
- hold professional liability insurance
- have supervision arrangements in place for their client work as well as access to support for any clinical or organisational practice they undertake during the course.
Testimonials from previous course participants:
Diversity and Respect Statement
The Grove is committed to the provision of training which is inclusive for participants from a diverse range of professional and cultural backgrounds. The Grove’s diversity policy upholds participation by trainees which respects differences in ability and disability, age, sex, gender diversity, race, religion, culture, and theoretical modality. The Grove’s course terms and conditions provide for each participant being seen, heard and respected during their attendance at course events. These terms are shown in the course contract which every applicant is expected to sign when enrolling; and are described in the course handbook at the start of the training. Any participant may be suspended from the course if their behaviour is deemed by The Grove to be contrary to this statement.